San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to the design of digital experiences, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Senior User Designers are endlessly curious. They take hands-on design ownership across multiple client projects.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Proven design experience at an interactive agency or digital design studio and a portfolio of examples that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- 6+ years of visual or graphic design work and elegant examples of designing user flows for e-commerce
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Foster progressive and limitless thinking
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive visual design work that spans product/service design, user experience and storytelling
- You have a elegant, contemporary style, combined with proven experience collaborating closely with teams of UX strategist, content writers, and creative technologist to launch beautifully designed webpages, mobile content and digital products for e-commerce
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to solve complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply