At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we create and design adaptive digital campaigns, services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide design solutions across various touchpoints (e.g. websites, mobile, apps, print, campaigns).
- Champion excellent design and craft standards.
- Demonstrates excellent execution of innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design across different digital platforms.
- Create style tiles, UI kits, mood boards and style guides.
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Share your knowledge with wider XD and AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers.
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends.
- Be able to create visual concepts, branding, mock-ups, iconography, presentations and layouts across multiple platforms, including apps, websites, and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the creative and UX team.
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently if required, with minor support from senior team members.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ years within a dedicated digital design role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience with campaigns and interface design.
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools (Invision, Principle, Framer, Proto.io or similar).
- Ability to design and execute in Keynote and Google Slides for internal and external presentations.
- Proficient in user-centred design methodologies and design thinking.
- Knowledge of motion design is desirable but not essential.
- Conceptual thinking is a plus.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply