New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Provide design solutions across various touchpoints (e.g. websites, mobile, apps, in-store)
- Champion excellent design and craft standards
- Create style tiles, UI kits, mood boards and style guides
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders and clients, while building trusting relationships
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality
- Share your knowledge with wider XD and AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years within a dedicated digitally-focused design role (agency or client-side)
- Exceptional design aesthetics with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma and InVision
- Proficient in user-centered design methodologies and design thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply