Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insights, designing articulate, beautiful, and impactful customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to create data-driven, user-centered solutions that transform business for our clients. Hands-on and endlessly curious, Senior Designers take ownership for Design deliverables across client projects, while guiding junior members in work ethic, attitude and working methodology.
Based in Midtown Atlanta, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in strategy, analytics, product management, content, design, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of digital products and services.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Possesses a solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Performs brand materials review and design system audits for current state assessment and identifies areas of opportunity
- Independently solves complex problems through use of existing brand and design guidelines while supporting their evolution with new ideas
- Generates campaign, product, or service ideas derived from unique insights rooted in customer data
- Competent working in a variety of styles and demonstrates a discerning eye toward trend in establishing design directions or executions
- Iteratively develops experience flows, prototypes, story boards, and client presentations for precise communication of design direction and quality assurance
- Capable of developing ideas from an objective point of view based on research and strategic insights, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Proactively seeks to produce best-in-class solutions against requirements and technical constraints and independently builds and guides the creation of prototypes to be validated by leadership and testing
- Able to contribute to thought leadership activities within the discipline and work with team members to continuously set new standards for Design activities, deliverables, and agency processes
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing product and service design as well as storytelling that demonstrates experience leading or executing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including responsive web, mobile applications, and touch-based interfaces
- You have experience maintaining and creating design systems and are proficient with the use of Figma
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills with a passion for documenting your work to ensure clear client hand-off and quality assurance
- You are able to assist and guide other Designers in their work
- You foster innovation and progressive, limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.