Portland, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Provide design solutions across various touchpoints (e.g. websites, mobile, apps, in-store)
- Champion excellent design and craft standards
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptual, and visually compelling work
- Develop comprehensive designs that work across digital experiences
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders and build trusting relationships
- Share your knowledge with wider XD and AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years within a dedicated digitally-focused design role (agency or client-side)
- Exceptional design aesthetics with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and InVision
- Proficient in user-centered design methodologies and design thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply