At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination while delivering impressive returns for our clients. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Deliver and inspire award-winning work from both yourself and others who work with you, influencing where appropriate a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in a number of pitches.
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology.
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Share your knowledge with AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers.
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends.
- High level client & team satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience within a dedicated design role (agency or client-side).
- Exceptional design aesthetics with portfolio to demonstrate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite and the latest Proto-typing tools.
- Proficient in branding design methodologies and design thinking.
- Previous retail and e-commerce design experience highly desirable.