San Francisco, United States
Senior Designer, Design Systems
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to the design of digital experiences, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Senior User Designers are endlessly curious. They take hands-on design ownership across multiple client projects.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in product design (especially for web), defining or extending design systems, and/or working within a brand’s strict style guidelines
- Photoshop and Sketch expertise, including file organization, and preparation of pixel-perfect files for design team use
- Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences
- Strong understanding of web development, including HTML and CSS
- Preferred: UX and/or UI experience
- Preferred: Acuity in iconography
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Principle
- Preferred: BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Keen interest in championing brand identity through a balance of consistency and flexibility
- Proficiency in the formal elements of design, with a strong focus on typography, balance, and proportion
- Systematic thinker; able to anticipate the impact of design decisions well in advance of their application
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills
- Passion for pixel-perfection and order. Unparalleled attention to detail
- Ability to articulate ideas verbally and digitally; be clearly understood by creative, product management, and development staff
- Ability to deliver strong design rationale and supporting files in a tight timeframe
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply