New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA Senior Developers liaise between cross-functional teams to understand core presentation layer and backend requirements and recommend and implement solutions that follow-up best practices and standards. Senior Developers are responsible for helping mentor younger engineers in the craft, as well as interface with client technical teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for design and interaction, as well as an intimate understanding and appreciation for presentation layer code.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React and Vue
- Understanding and appreciation for component driven design/implementation
- Experience building middleware systems and languages like Node, Python, Java and C#
- Understanding of REST and GraphQL based service development
- Understanding of Object-Oriented principals
- Knowledge of native mobile development (Kotlin, Swift) a plus
- Have a passion for high quality design and experience
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Be a broker of technical best practices with the core team
- Help lead software design and development activities for clients
- Interface with client engineering talent in hybrid team models
- Development of production level code front-end and full-stack code
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply