Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a Senior Developer, you will help drive the technical solutions that enable us to win our most complex and strategic engagements. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will be responsible for understanding our clients’ technical needs and priorities, and for implementing the vision for their large-scale digital projects.
Located in Wellington, as part of AKQA, you will work in an inclusive and innovative culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
- Lead by example and enable the career progression of more junior developers under your guidance
- Ensure that project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals, collaboratively working with Client Services and relevant Discipline Leads to define project approach, scope, cost and duration
- Provide technical vision to our clients and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout client and partner organisations
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software engineering processes.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build close relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Comprehensive experience across a range of platforms and frameworks, such as SilverStripe, Laravel, React, VueJS, Linux
- Knowledge of web protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (nginx/PHP-FPM, Docker), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc
- Knowledge of networks, systems and persistence technologies including AWS and MS Azure
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern patterns and practices such as unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC and continuous integration, APIs etc
- Experience of diagramming an ecosystem that includes applications, servers, deployment and workflows
- Knowledge of devops practices, enabling you to help architect market-leading solutions
- Entrepreneurial, analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.