Senior Devops Engineer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients drive successful business outcomes through technology. Our Managed Services team are subject matter experts in cloud platform technology and DevOps and SecOps engineering, delivering platform management, support solutions and consulting services for our clients.
Our DevOps engineers create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration and service management. They split their time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will use your experience in managing production and non-production environments, to diagnose and solve problems, and optimise solutions to drive measurable SLA outcomes for our clients. You will be mentoring junior team members and champion the principles of site reliability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with development teams to design and implement an automated DevOps process to support continuous integration and deployment of application builds
- Work with architects to come up with strategies to improve the scalability and reliability of the production and non-production environments
- Work as part of development team to write build scripts and configuration, and apply DevOps best practices for environment specific configuration and deployment
- Champion continuous improvement of cloud infrastructure and application hosting performance, support tooling and apply industry best-practices
- Provision host machines, VMs and containers on a variety of infrastructure providers – both on-premises and cloud
- Provision IaaS and PaaS services on various cloud environments – AWS, Azure and GCP
- Provisioning of various applications – Java / .Net based web applications & micro-services, as well as CMS systems like AEM & Sitecore
- Overall monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our clients’ applications in production and non-production environments
- Work with incident management and development teams to triage, diagnose and solve problems encountered on customer’s ecommerce platforms and cloud production environment issues.
- Remediate both cloud and application issues
Who are we looking for:
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows System Administration, package management and OS hardening.
- Strong working knowledge of internet backbone technologies: TCP/IP, Networks and subnetting, TLS, DNS, WAF/CDNs, SMTP etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS, Apache), proxies, load balancing, session state management, clustering, high availability and disaster recovery
- Good knowledge of modern Service Management, Alerting, Operations and Observability tools and practices
- Good hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation tools (such as Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Azure DEVOPS etc)
- Experience in delivering Infrastructure as Code utilising tools such as AWS and CloudFormation, Azure and ARM templates or Terraform
- Exposure to container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud platforms AWS or Azure (IaaS, Paas & SaaS)
- Exposure to provisioning and maintaining customer experience platforms such as Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and digital ecosystems in the enterprise space on cloud platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP)
- Exposure to complementary cloud technologies and architectures including databases (MySQL, MSSQL), storage and backup technologies.
- Experience leading teams
- Excellent problem solving and production environment diagnosis skills
Academic Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelors of Engineering degree / Master of Computer Applications / M. Tech
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply