Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Senior DevOps Engineer
The AKQA Managed Services team provides customer experience platform management and cloud environment support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations. There is now an exciting opportunity to join the AKQA Managed Services team and be an integral part in continuing to expand their core services and solutions.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining DevOps pipelines for development, test, and production environments for both internal and external client public cloud environments on Azure, AWS, GCP etc. You will contribute to a wider team responsible for the engineering, automation, release coordination and testing automation of scalable, cloud based digital experiences for some of Australia’s most visited sites.
At AKQA Australia, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Design and implement DevOps changes across all phases of the SDLC.
- Implement designed changes in the deployment pipelines across multiple environments.
- Provide support during operations such as deployments and general production testing.
- Provide technical support and manage tasks from multiple agile teams.
- Support the Delivery team with processes, frameworks and toolsets that champion automated infrastructure.
- Support the QA team with processes, frameworks and toolsets that champion automated testing.
- Perform root cause analysis for environment and application issues.
- Identify and perform analysis to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of infrastructure / environment updates.
- Contribute to the definition of best practice DevOps standards.
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to defined standards.
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships with key people across clients, partners and staff.
- Champions a vibrant and diverse engineering culture through internal presentations and knowledge transfer.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound experience with Azure DevOps, Teamcity, Octopus, Helm, Terraform etc.
- Knowledge and experience of docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to Bamboo, Bitbucket, Bitbucket pipelines, Jira, New Relic.
- Experience in deploying resources using PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Self-motivated and willing to do what it needs to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work across a 24/7 roster.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply