Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand & Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
Senior DevOps Engineer
The AKQA Managed Services team provides customer experience platform management and cloud environment support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations. There is now an exciting opportunity to join the AKQA Managed Services team and be an integral part in continuing to expand their core services and solutions.
Located in Auckland or Wellington, the Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining DevOps pipelines for multi environment cloud platforms on Azure, AWS, GCP etc. for both internal and external clients. You will contribute to a wider team responsible for the engineering, automation, security, release coordination and testing automation of scalable, cloud based digital experiences for some of the region's most visited websites.
You are an excellent technologist who possesses an understanding of software engineering principles, application development and deployment pipelines, physical infrastructure, internet hosting services, and data security configuration and management of public cloud platforms. You have a continuous improvement mindset that extends across the design to development to production lifecycle, with a passion for automation, security and strong problem-solving skills. You will support development teams, customer platforms, while championing the DevOps culture through knowledge transfer, continuous learning & training and technical certification support.
- Design, implement and support DevSecOps services across all phases of the SDLC
- Implement designed changes in the deployment pipelines across multiple environments for key clients
- Provide support during operations such as deployments and general production testing
- Provide technical support and manage tasks from multiple agile teams across the region
- Support the Delivery team with processes, frameworks and tool sets that champion automated infrastructure
- Support the QA team with processes, frameworks and tool sets that champion automated testing
- Be on the 24/7 service desk roster supporting key clients across the region
- Perform root cause analysis for environment and application issues
- Contribute to both Incident Reports and Monthly Operational Reports
- Identify and perform analysis to provide recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of infrastructure / environment updates
- Contribute to the definition of DevSecOps best-practice and operational standards
- Collaborate with developers to ensure new environments meet client requirements and conform to defined standards and compliance
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships with key staff members across studios, clients, partners and teams
- Champions a vibrant and diverse engineering culture through internal presentations and knowledge transfer
Expectation from an ideal candidate
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role designing, implementing and supporting cloud services and CI/CD pipelines on Azure, AWS and GCP
- Sound experience with Azure DevOps, AWS Cloudformation, Terraform, Helm etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Docker and Kubernetes, both AKS and EKS.
- Exposure to GIT, Bitbucket, Jira/Confluence, New Relic and Cloudflare
- Experience in deploying resources using PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Self-motivated and willing to do what it needs to get the job done efficiently and effectively
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply