Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
Senior Experience Designer (UI)
As a Senior Experience Designer (UI), you will apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insights, enabling you to develop work that delights customers and delivers business results. You will collaborate with UX designers and researchers to conceive and create innovative digital experiences. You are passionate about user-centred design and dedicated to building our reputation for work that is ground-breaking and influential.
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
Located in Wellington as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, work in a flexible environment and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Conceive, develop and execute expertly crafted digital design solutions across websites, digital products and services, and web apps
- Confidently collaborate and present work to AKQA clients and teams
- Inspire and mentor junior designers
- Proactively research and pursue ideas for professional development
- Possess a strong knowledge of user-centred design and information architecture
- Take ownership for the timely execution of all project deliverables
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Exceptional online digital portfolio across a range of products
- Confident presenting to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to mentor junior designers
- Experience working on large project (or in large teams) advantageous but not essential
- Ecommerce experience is advantageous but not essential
- Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Be curious and question the status quo
- Have a balanced approach knowing when to collaborate and when to work autonomously
- Be motivated and driven to deliver the best work of your career
- Have empathy illustrating you care about people, their needs and desires in order to gain knowledge of the ‘why’ and deliver user centric solutions
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.