Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Senior Experience Designer (UI)
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centered approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As a Senior Experience Designer focused on UI, you’ll have a deep understanding of HCD, and you will be able to leverage UX best practices and methodologies to inform your design decisions. You will collaborate with UX designers, researchers and developers to conceive and create innovative digital user experiences. You are passionate about human-centered design and dedicated to building our reputation for work that is ground-breaking and impactful.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Champion Human-Centered Design (HCD) principles and processes, ensuring outcomes meet both business and user goals
- A portfolio showcasing experience on definition, creation and maintenance of design systems
- Exceptional visual, craft and IxD skills, underpinned by a strong understanding of brand and identity systems
- Experience on envisioning and executing outstanding design solutions across websites and mobile apps
- Working knowledge of UX process and evidence-based design methodologies
- Strong experience with user flows and complex interactive prototypes at various levels of fidelity
- Confidently collaborate and present work to AKQA clients and teams
- Build strong relationships with internal/external account stakeholders
- Take ownership for the timely execution of all project deliverables
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Be motivated and driven to deliver the best work of your career
- Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Experience working on large scale enterprise projects and content management systems (or in large teams) is advantageous but not essential
- Ecommerce experience is advantageous but not essential
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply