Senior Experience Strategist
We are looking for a Experience Strategist to direct strategic thinking and leadership in our experience strategy practice in Copenhagen.
Experience Strategists at AKQA are responsible for the direction and conceptual design of digitally enabled products and services for our clients.
You will make use of a broad set of methods across UX research, service, interaction- and strategic design, and innovation strategy in order to identify future growth opportunities, and to define holistic solutions, from early-stage idea generation to conceptual design of product concepts, service features and digital user experiences
As a senior Experience Strategist you will be responsible for end-to-end human-centred strategic design processes. You’ll be collaborating with researchers and engagement managers to run discovery with clients; translating findings into customer and user needs and solution ideas, and creating strategically impactful content to communicate those with cross-disciplinary design execution teams, and client stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include framing and scoping client challenges, leading research and analysis, developing key insights and recommendations, and designing new offering concepts and holistic user-experiences, while ensuring that our design teams, ultimately, deliver human-centered innovation that change our clients’ businesses.
You will be expected to think both creatively and analytically. Helping clients dissect business problems in a structured manner, while using creativity and design methodologies to develop innovative visions, platforms, and solutions across research, insights, and design. We expect you to demonstrate the values of a trusted advisor to clients, as well as setting an example of both kindness and calmness under pressure to your team.
What we’re looking for:
- 8 years+ working experience from a consultancy firm, a product/service/experience design agency or an innovation department.
- Experience in creating, designing and/or implementing innovative digitally enabled products and services, and keeping up to date with the technology advancements and industry shifts.
- Have experience in developing or transforming growth strategies, defining new value propositions, or new business ventures.
- Worked in an environment where service design, design methodologies, UX and product design, and digital innovation are central to the offering.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to adapt, self-organize and define project team’s tasks, as well as your own, in situations of ambiguity.
- Demonstrate expertise in human-centric service design methodologies, and passionate about the value of understanding the intersection between business, culture, and technology.
- Strong advisory, influence, and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation); ability to be a thought partner and coach to clients and internal teams.
- Strong skills in collaborating, problem-solving and leading cross-functional teams, preferably including a variety of stakeholders, across business functions and levels, and in an advisory capacity to senior clients.
- Expertise in qualitative research methods and data management (e.g., ethnography, cultural and semiotic analysis, UX research and other exploratory, generative or evaluative research methods)
Qualities and characteristics
Design and Creativity
- Structured and visual thinker; ability to translate complex information into conceptual models, actionable directions, and clear communication.
- Ideate, plan, and lead multidisciplinary design and creative teams in projects across global clients from research to ideation and solution concept definition.
- Act as human-centric design thought leader in defining new experiences and offerings for clients.
- Represent strategic creative design methodologies and best practices; advise clients on design processes.
Business and Practice
- Owning problem and opportunity framing and development of pitches and client proposals
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities independently, and with client service teams
- Proactively determining where AKQA can provide solutions for client needs beyond engagements.
- Helping to develop methods and best practices in strategy at AKQA globally.
People and Culture
- Manage the distribution and load of work in projects, balancing output with team wellbeing.
- Create an inspiring and inclusive environment, where each team member is valued and encouraged.
- Coach and develop junior team members using constructive feedback and on-the-job learning.
- Own and promote an inclusive and intellectually ambitious working culture.
Explore our extensive range of benefits here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.