Senior Front End Developer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Working closely with Experience Designer and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As a Front End Developer, you’ll lead the development of web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s sophisticated, high-profile clients. You’ll work closely with AKQA’s teams of Designers, UX Specialists, Technical Developers and Project Managers. You’ll guide client teams to the best possible solutions and ensure we consistently deliver high-quality front end development. This includes translating design concepts to HTML, building to accessibility requirements and executing compatibility and performance testing.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Use your knowledge and experience to translate designs or wireframes into clean and modular code that is implicitly easy to maintain
- Build and plan high quality software solutions in line with business requirements
- Identify the right tools for each job, that enable our world-class clients to succeed
- Develop new features that are fully responsive and consistent with the latest best practices
- Guide the team with your knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards
- Take ownership of code quality within the team by participating in code reviews
- Contribute to best practices that lead to better performance and scalability of the solution
- Plan and execute testing across common devices and platforms
- Consult actively with project leads in high level planning and defining technical approach
- Partner with Campaign Analysts, developers, producers, QA and UX/UI specialists to deliver a range of best in class digital projects
- Deliver features and enhancements iteratively within an Agile/Scrum team
- Inspire peers to continue learning
- Participate in team showcases and knowledge sharing
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience with W3C website accessibility standards
- CSS Pre-processor experience such as SASS
- Sound understanding of concepts such as SMACSS, OCSS or BEM
- Experience with Foundation, Twitter Bootstrap or similar UI frameworks
- Cross-platform browser testing ability (Mac / PC / IOS / Android)
- Experience with utilities to scan and evaluate performance, such as Lighthouse, and then execute relevant optimisations
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.