Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Senior Front End Developer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage best in class MACH/headless CMS and Commerce platforms. Working closely with Experience Designers and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be accountable for developing web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s world-class clients that manage performance and scalability. Building to accessibility requirements, you'll execute compatibility and performance testing and solve technical issues with webpages and web applications.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Manage, develop and deliver high-performing web-based solutions underpinned by modern MACH/headless CMS and Commerce platforms.
- Hands-on development translating design concepts to HTML/CSS, optimising for performance, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Hands-on development delivering interactive applications levering REACT and other JS frameworks.
- Collaborating with the project managers, business analysts, design and technical teams to create innovative solutions.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to website pages and eDMs.
- Operate in an iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested.
- Provide accurate estimates for work to be completed.
- Evaluate system specifications against business requirements.
- Implement high quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Produce quality code that is readable and maintainable by the team.
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Cross-platform browser testing ability (Mac/PC/IOS/Android).
- Experience with Foundation, Twitter Bootstrap, Material UI or similar frameworks.
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- A highly motivated, productive and collaborative approach to your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply