Senior Front End Web Developer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Working closely with Experience Designer and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for developing web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s sophisticated, high-profile clients. You will work closely with AKQA’s teams of Designers, UX Specialists, Technical Developers and Project Managers. You’ll guide client teams to the best possible solutions and ensure we consistently deliver high-quality front end development. This includes translating design concepts to HTML, building to accessibility requirements and executing compatibility and performance testing.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Develop and maintain responsive Web applications, Website pages and CMS systems that enable our world-class clients to succeed
- Partner with developers, producers, QA and UX/UI specialists to deliver a range of best in class digital projects
- Contribute positively and proactively to the development environment, including source control and continuous integration
- Contribute to best practices to manage performance and scalability of the solution
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to Web applications and Website pages
- Operate in an iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested
- Consulting with project leads in high level planning and defining technical approach
- Provide accurate estimates for work to be completed
- Evaluate system specifications against business requirements
- Implement high quality software solutions in line with business requirements
- Produce quality code that is readable and maintainable by the team
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong development experience, especially on enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Cross-platform browser testing ability (Mac / PC / IOS / Android).
- CSS Pre-processor experience such as SASS/LESS.
- Sound understanding of concepts such as SMACSS, OCSS or BEM.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, Material UI or similar frameworks.
- Strong understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- A highly motivated, productive and collaborative approach to your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.