Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Senior Front End Web Developer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Working closely with Experience Design and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will help ensure we develop the highest standard of web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s clients, devising best practices to manage performance and scalability. Adept at translating design concepts to HTML, you'll build to accessibility requirements, and execute compatibility and performance testing.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Develop and maintain responsive web applications, website pages and CMS systems for our clients.
- Partner with developers, producers, QA and UX/UI specialists to deliver a range of best in class digital projects.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to Web applications and Website pages.
- Operate in an iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested.
- Consult with project leads in high-level planning and defining the technical approach.
- Provide accurate estimates for work to be completed.
- Evaluate system specifications against business requirements.
- Implement high quality software solutions in line with business requirements
- Produce quality code that is readable and maintainable by the team.
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong development experience, especially on enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Experience with Sitecore, Kentico or Umbraco is advantageous.
- Cross-platform browser testing ability in Mac PC/IOS/Android.
- CSS Pre-processor experience such as SASS/LESS.
- Sound knowledge of concepts such as SMACSS, OCSS or BEM.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, Material UI or similar frameworks.
- Strong grasp of performance and optimisation.
- Experience with typescript is advantageous.
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- A highly motivated, productive and collaborative approach to your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to our ability to provide clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply