Senior Front-end Developer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Senior Front-end developer, you will be responsible for the development of web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s sophisticated, high-profile clients. You will work closely with AKQA’s teams of Designers, UX specialists, technical developers, and project managers in UAE and Denmark. You’ll guide client teams to the best possible solutions and ensure that we consistently deliver high-quality front-end development. This includes translating design concepts to HTML, building to accessibility requirements, and executing compatibility and performance testing.
Based in Cairo as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields across UAE and Denmark team. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- At least 6 years working as a Frontend developer
- Experience on enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects
- Development experience with React (Hooks and state management, Component structure, Styled Components)
- Experience with W3C website accessibility standards
- CSS experience (Sass, CSS-in-JS, CSS Modules)
- Familiar with website performance tests (eg. Lighthouse and similar)
- Experience with Webpack
- Proficient with the GIT
Nice to have:
- UI frameworks and component libraries (eg. Storybook, Chakra UI, Theme UI, Figma)
- CMS systems (preferably .NET like Sitecore and Umbraco)
- Headless CMS arcitecture (data models, GraphQL)
- DevOps (eg. Netlify, Vercel, Azure, deploy pipelines)
- Jira task management
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A highly motivated, productive, and collaborative approach to your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Eager to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply