Atlanta, United States
Senior FrontEnd Developer - Senior Technologist - Freelance
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Developers liaise between cross-functional teams to understand core presentation layer and backend requirements and recommend and implement solutions that follow-up best practices and standards. Senior Developers are responsible for helping mentor younger engineers in the craft, as well as interface with client technical teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for design and interaction, as well as an intimate understanding of creative and development processes, including illustration, motion graphics and WebGL/Game development.
Based in the center of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our Atlanta studio is also home to the Southeastern arm of AKQA Media, working with national clients to optimize their media spend in creative ways.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Proven experience creating Web based WebGL/Canvas experiences
- Proven proficiency in HTML5 game/interact frameworks, such as ThreeJS, Pixi.js, ImpactJS or Phaser
- Knowledgeable in cross-browser compatibility issues related to WebGL/Canvas development
- Comfortable with agile/scrum development methodology and tooling including Jira, Git, etc
- Understanding and appreciation for component driven design / implementation
- Understanding of REST and GraphQL based service development and integration
- Understanding of Object-Oriented and Design Pattern principles and practices
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Candidate must be able to act as a subject matter expert for WebGL/Game development
- Ability to serve as lead developer directly working with 2D illustrator to refine concept and artifacts delivered by creative
- Be a broker of technical best practices with the core team
- Interface with client engineering talent in hybrid team models
- Development of production level code front-end and full-stack code
Please note: This is a Freelance Role and Remote work is possible in many states. Please reach out for more info.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply