Atlanta, United States
Senior HR Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As Senior HR Manager, you will help to advance a world class employee experience for all local AKQA employees – current and future. You will have an excellent knowledge of industry best practices, but also push boundaries to bring to life the AKQA employee experience vision.
The Senior HR Manager will partner with the HR Director and studio leadership teams to drive business performance through our people. You will inspire the HR team to implement best in class people programs.
- Partner with leadership to design and deliver on the people initiatives that support the business objectives
- Utilize tools such as engagement surveys and client satisfaction surveys to ensure leadership remains focused on retention and growth of our teams
- Develop a high-performing HR team through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship and coaching
- Partner with the North America HR team to identify, develop, and implement standardized processes, policies, and procedures across all of our studios to help drive a premium employee experience in all of our locations
- Share knowledge and best practices within the People team, as well as broadly within the organization to ensure that AKQA’s people practices are highly effective and valued
- Partner with the business to create a culture of strong managers and leaders who prioritize performance and career management discussions
- Build solid relationships with employees and managers to effectively tackle and prevent employee relations issues while also creating an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Analyze trends and metrics to implement gold-standard tools, practices and systems that attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Ensure all local process and policies are compliant with local legislation
- Support the Director in key areas such as performance management, employee relations, and other special projects
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in an HR management role, supporting a creative and/or professional services business
- Strong executive presence and communication skills
- Ability to manage and inspire a remote team in different markets
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload with strong follow-through
- Interest in taking the initiative to continually improve all HR programs, policies, and processes
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities and experience in operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is constant and demanding, and clear structure/process may not be apparent
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to tell a story and make recommendations