San Francisco, United States
Senior HR Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a People team, we are dedicated to creating a work environment that fosters innovation. We are committed to providing quality services and support in employee relations, benefits, compensation and developing an environment which provides equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. As a guardian of one of the company’s most prized assets: its people, you'll be challenged to push boundaries, break from tradition and recommend bold, never-thought-of-before ways to solve the toughest business problems.
As a Senior HR Manager, you will partner with managers across all disciplines, and be responsible for managing a variety of programs designed to retain and develop our employees. A big part of your day-to-day will involve coaching and consulting managers on how to build an unparalleled culture and truly bring the best out of all of our people. You’ll also get creative in the areas of organizational design, talent development, work force planning, succession planning, labor and employee relations, immigration, rewards, training, leadership development, and performance management.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicentre of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Designs and executes new programs and projects, including, but not limited to: Developing solutions to overcome potential obstacles to successfully implement initiatives, promoting consensus among organizational stakeholders (e.g. department heads or employees) when proposing new initiatives, and serving as the influential voice for HR strategies and initiatives within the organization
- Ensuring hiring managers have the tools and knowledge they need to successfully on-board their new hires
- Designs, conducts, and analyses employee surveys
- Oversees workplace policies and procedures including investigations and recommends a course of action: Recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed, communicating changes in agency personnel policies and procedures, and ensuring proper compliance is followed
- Ensures employees are adhering to the AKQA Code of Conduct and where necessary initiating training/knowledge sharing sessions to educate/refresh everyone on ethical practices and ways of operating professionally within the workplace
- Gathers and communicates any changes to the HR Coordinator/Generalist in order to process in time for the necessary payroll run
- Partners with the Immigration & Mobility Team, ensuring smooth relocations, transfers or secondments
- Provides on-going counsel and coaching to managers, leading training for performance management process and tools
- Advises and executes on training and development programs for individual employees based off of performance evaluations
- Administers the compensation program, implementing and annually updating the compensation program, including conducting annual salary surveys and partnering with the Director of Finance and Operations to confirm and manage merit pool (salary budget)
- Always looking out for the wellbeing of employees, coming up with new ideas to improve their daily lives and proactively seeking out partnerships to support the everyday needs of our team
- Consults with managers, providing HR guidance when appropriate, to manages and resolve complex employee relations issues
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience working in an HRBP, HR Manager, or HR Generalist role
- Experience working on a Global team, engaging with team members across different offices
- Experience in a creative environment essential (agency experience ideal)
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply