San Francisco, United States
Senior Human Resources Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As the Senior Human Resources Manager, based in AKQA’s San Francisco Studio, you will help to define and advance a world class employee experience for all local AKQA employees – current and future. You will have an excellent knowledge of industry best practice, but also push boundaries to bring to life your vision across the entire employee experience.
As an HR leadership team member, you will be dedicated to creating a work environment that fosters innovation through learning & development, career growth, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to providing quality services and support in talent acquisition, employee relations, benefits, compensation and developing an environment which provides equal opportunity for continuous learning and personal growth.
As a member of the HR team, you will be a voice for the company's most prized assets: its people, and will advise on people strategies around hiring, engagement, retention, and growth.
- Partner with HR regional leaders and department leadership to create a people strategy and plan that delivers on current and future business objectives
- Utilize tools such as employee engagement surveys to ensure leadership remains focused on retention and growth of our teams
- Partner with the North America HR team to develop and implement standardized processes, policies, and procedures across all of our studios to help drive a premium employee experience in all of our locations
- Share knowledge and best practices within the People Team, as well as broadly within the organization to ensure that AKQA's people practices are highly effective and valued
- Partner with the regional Sr. HR Director to assess and propose the best structure for the AKQA SF HR team; ensuring the right resource allocation and ratio of employees to people/business partners
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team, execute recruitment strategies to identify diverse, top caliber current and pipeline talent at all levels
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources – special emphasis and deep experience in understanding California and San Francisco employment law and compliance—and the ability to advise and remediate--is mandatory
- Develop a culture of strong managers and leaders who prioritize performance and career management discussions
- Build solid relationships with employees and managers to effectively tackle and prevent employee relations issues
- Implement gold-standard tools, practices and systems that attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in HR (including; training and retaining staff, compensation and benefits, California and San Francisco employment law compliance, creating and maintaining a high performing culture, etc.)
- Engaging personality. You're the type of person that anyone would feel comfortable speaking to about anything
- You bring a thought leadership mindset to the table to support a high performance and growth environment, but you don't mind operating at the tactical level
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to tell a story and make recommendations
- Ability to collaborate, inspire and transform
- Strong leadership presence and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis, and still get things done – with both a short and long-term view in mind
- A strong moral compass and ability to approach potentially challenging situations with objectivity, compassion, grace, and attention to detail
- Experience working with senior corporate counsel, including all the detailed, accurate, organized preparation and positioning that often requires
- People management experience, this position has 3 direct reports and will report into the Senior Human Resources Director (based in Portland)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.