Senior Lead Developer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science by which to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
As a Senior Lead Developer, you will develop and deliver high-quality digital platforms based on the .NET/Microsoft umbrella of technologies. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
You have extensive experience in leading development on web projects. While your primary focus is on .Net development and architecture, you also understand frontend technologies and how the entire tech stack fits together in a modern web project.
You will be working closely together with our Business Director in securing a continued growth of larger digital tech implementations in the MENA region, both leading the development on some of our projects and assisting in the pre-sale work, responding to RFPs etc.
You will be part of a larger AKQA tech group with experienced developers and architects placed in offices in Denmark, UK and Eqypt.
From our location in the heart of Dubai, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership.
- Expertise in programming, including ASP.NET/MVC and C#.
- Understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, Azure, proxies, load balancing, high availability, databases, etc.
- Understanding of modern patterns and practices: Unit testing, Inversion of Control, repository, MVC, Continuous Integration, DevOps, etc.
- Sitecore, Optimizely (EPiServer), Umbraco or other relevant CMS experience.
- Preferably eCommerce solutions experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Entrepreneurial, analytical, and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Experience in working as Lead Developer in larger digital projects.
- Great communicative skills, enabling you to gather input from the rest of the team.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- English and Arabic language skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.