Senior Motion Designer
Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. As skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The growing family at AKQA’s Amsterdam studio, located along the historic Herengracht canal, are looking for a generalist motion designer. A designer is unafraid to learn new ways to create a better future, faster — with an eye for detail and a feel for timing. As a designer at AKQA, you will work on a wide range of projects for global brands and local startups, express your skills across design and animation, define motion principles for brand identities, or take interactive experiences to the next level.
At AKQA, you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an open, collaborative, creative environment surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Provide motion design for a wide range of visual communication.
- Ideate in the early stages of the project with other members of the creative team.
- Listen to and respond to briefs and question where there are gaps.
- Collaborate with the client and with various teams within AKQA.
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- Share your passion and skills with junior members of the team.
- Be accountable for the project deliverables and manage the quality of all design deliverables to ensure they meet AKQA standards for creative excellence.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in motion design
- Confident using After Effects.
- Experience with 3D software (preferably C4D to integrate with team workflow)
- Knowledge of Premiere and a basic understanding of Audition.
- Can navigate Figma.
- Fundamental understanding of timings in motion.
- Experience in a fast paced agency environment is a plus.
- A relentless drive to learn is the essential
- Conceptual thinker
- Passionate about emerging technologies and motion techniques
- Passionate about improving the work, in motion design and beyond
- Experience with Houdini and Unreal Engine is a bonus
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.