As a Senior Producer at AKQA, you will be responsible for the management of complex end-to-end, full life-cycle cross-platform production projects of Photography, Video for Digital and Broadcast, CGI/3D Post-Production, Social Creative Activation, and Immersive/Experiential design.
Alongside a Client Service Lead and a Creative Lead, this position is part of the core project team, as a production expert.
As a Senior Producer, you will be involved in the conception phase to frame a safe and suitable production setup after proof-checking the feasibility of creative ideas. You will be responsible from inception and scope definition through to delivery, setting up the best production systems to reach the balance between competitiveness towards our client, profitability of the projects, and quality of the deliveries.
The position consists of defining what typology of content is most relevant to be conceived given the context, targeted consumers, and client. The position requires strong knowledge of social networks and brand strategy. The producer must help build a relevant offer of video and photography production at the agency. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management skills across several internal disciplines: Strategy, Client Services, Creative.
The producer is also responsible for setting up fair and efficient partnerships with third parties so that they bring value to our production projects. Most importantly, the position consists of being a reference for the post production phase of any content project.
You will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our studios. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
ROLE DELIVERABLES (criteria by which success can be measured)
- Successful delivery of projects on time, within estimation, and to a high standard.
- Makes a positive contribution to the team and receives positive feedback.
- Knowledge and application of best practice production processes.
- Receives a consistently high level of internal and external client satisfaction.
- Ensures resources are 100% billable at all times.
- Provision of weekly status reports.
- Reaches personal and team billability and utilization targets.
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Owns and is responsible for the successful delivery of production projects on time and on budget
- Effectively resource project to completion. Proactively work to resolve potential resourcing conflicts
- Able to set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of projects to the highest standards
- Run the post production phase to deliver master assets. Run the secondary post production phase to deliver adapted assets.
- Manage the production process, from planning and pre-production to shoot management, risk mitigation and post-production.
- Anticipate, mitigate and manage issues as they occur.
- Manage all aspects of audio production, including voice-over, final mixes and rights management.
- Photography, Video for Digital and Broadcast, CGI/3D Post-Production, Social Creative Activation, and Immersive/Experiential design.
- Able to identify the most appropriate supplier for the required task.
- Ensure outsourced projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standards.
- Negotiate to ensure that AKQA and client obtain the most cost-effective solution.
- Work closely with third parties to ensure they are set up to succeed.
- Select, pilot, and manage a wide range of third parties, always bearing in mind the company’s value and making sure that its interest as well as our clients’ is respected.
- Maintain a ‘black book’ of approved suppliers.
- Organize and manage any relevant third-party company delegation, putting together protective production contracts as detailed as possible (based on the AKQA existing templates).
Scope of Works, Reporting and Financial management
- Work with client and creative teams to meticulously scope, plan and cost an agreed scope of work
- Help build out AKQA SoW and articulate production workstreams accordingly
- Ensure AKQA clients balance value for money with results.
- Track spend and highlight potential overruns before they occur.
- Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- All projects to be delivered within the agreed EAC as per the AKQA delivery overrun process.
- Ensure the quality and peer review of all documentation and deliverables within the project.
- Inspire and deliver award-winning work, both from yourself and from others who work with you.
- Influence, where appropriate, a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments, and successfully apply them to working practices..
- Evaluate and improve delivery practices and techniques. Notably by conceiving, crafting and/or maintaining relevant and flexible management tools (dashboards, financial models, etc.)
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives. Organize post production systems and workflows as optimized as possible
- Set up and facilitate internal post-project review sessions and share learnings with relevant parties
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive, and consumer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrate experience working on interactive content production projects including campaign, brand films, photography, and more
- Experience working with Creative teams with the ability to make sound commercial and financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions, and manage client situations.
- Rigorous in organization and management, conscientious and adept in solving issues at all levels of a project
- Ability to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes, and systems
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Be an excellent team player who supports and elevates the project and other team members
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply