Portland, United States
Senior Product Designer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The creative minds at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Our Product Designers play essential roles in the strategy, design and optimization of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring intelligent thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Working within an integrated product team as a Senior Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of setting up and operationalizing design systems for leading brands which not only incorporate aesthetic look and feel, but also scale and growth. You will lead a multidisciplinary team in regard to the approach, deliverables and future development of product designs. You are a creative problem solver and are adept at identifying a path forward from ambiguity as well as the means to test your design hypothesis. You will be in front of senior stakeholders at all times and trusted to deliver high priority projects that create meaningful value at a rapid pace.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Collaborate with product teams across the organization to gather needs and requirements.
- Be able to collaborate and run workshops with the clients and various teams within AKQA.
- Comfortable to take intuition on delivering value and creating opportunities with clients.
- Provide equal competency in both UI and UX design.
- Adept at planning and operationalizing design test methodologies.
- Ensuring the quality of output from design and development.
- Ability to work with development teams to bring the design system to life.
- Inspire the client with innovative ways of approaching complex challenges.
- Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities.
- Conceive, sketch and pitch original ideas to peers and business owners.
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools.
- Frequently validating your ideas with end users.
- Strong experience in presenting work to clients and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of demonstrated product design experience.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An exceptional visual design aesthetic.
- An eye for detail across a digital experience.
- Excessive knowledge with large design systems.
- You have experience working and leading product development with large teams.
- You are driven to iterate and improve a digital experience.
- Confidence to own communication with key stakeholders and clients.
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
This position is associated with the AKQA Portland studio, and must be performed from the West Coast or on West Coast time zone.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply