Senior Product Manager
At AKQA, our Product Management Team sets the approach and standard for product definition, delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. Responsible for effective team performance, they provide team members with the right tools, support and training to empower their creativity, curiosity and craft.
As a Product Manager at AKQA, you collaborate and lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver stories through systems, products with purpose and communications that co-create a better future. You will be adept at managing a wide array of stakeholders, internal and external, while consistently ensuring that the product and content delivered meets the set scope, time and budget requirements.
You employ a solutions focussed, entrepreneurial mindset to address changes, manage resources and collaborate with production partners. The result is to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of a project. With excellent attention to detail and forward-thinking creativity you ensure that we exceed our clients expectations and deliver positive impact for brands, society and the planet.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam. At AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product team with the sole purpose of turning problems into solutions whilst shaping viable, feasible and lovable digital products for our clients.
- Study the world through the customers’ eyes, with the goal of understanding them and solving their problems—often before they’re even aware such problems exist. Do so through extensive research—customer, market, and competition alike— in a hunt for improvements and opportunities.
- Previous experience in venture and product strategy, growth models and CRO
- Plan carefully and support the product team in validating hypotheses through short term and long term rapid experimentation.
- Know your products’ numbers inside out and have a passion for data informed decisions
- Distill your learnings into the strategy, roadmap and backlog for your product, always balancing out what’s going to deliver the fastest impact and value to your final customers and an impeccable premium experience.
- Engage with clients on all sort of product and program related discussions, make sure they are on board and aligned across all relevant decisions - their success is your success
- Be a true product team leader when it comes to implementation, support and stakeholder management throughout the lifecycle of your product.
- Foster a fantastic atmosphere within your team. Create an environment that’s caring, driven and set up for success.
- Actively involve all functions within your product and program, and make sure each one is empowered to perform at its best.
- Support client projects set up like a pro- from scoping, to timelines, to costs all the way to team structure and Way of working.
- Be an ambassador of product mindset at clients and within the studio, taking every opportunity you have to champion, coach and engage others into the ‘product’ revolution.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Three to five years experience working in an agile, cross-discipline team with designers and engineers alike. You are familiar with prioritization in the context of complex product, and program, with tons of demanding stakeholders.
- Common sense. You have empathy for the customers and sound judgment when it comes to their needs.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is an important component.
- Rationality and self-control. You make decisions based on facts—even in moments of stress or emotion.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done with quality.
- Diligence, organization. You can be entrusted with big responsibilities.
- Humility & kindness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Communication. Your communication, both written and oral, is structured and crystal clear.
- Language proficiency. You read, write, and speak English at a business level
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects, including planning, scoping, estimating and resource allocation.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply