Senior Project Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital products and services that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA are enthusiastic critical thinkers/problem solvers and thrive on being engaged at all levels of the project. As the key point of contact for both the client and the project team, the Senior Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of an engagement.
Our Senior Project Managers acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
- Experience working with development platforms (AEM, Sitecore, Hybris, etc.) and teams including 3rd party integrations
- Able to identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays
- Gain alignment on the scope, schedule, assumptions and price for projects with an ability to effectively translate these to Client Proposals and Statements of Work
- Oversee the entire delivery and execution of their project(s)
- Identify and communicate issues and risks internally and with clients along with mitigation strategies
- Partner with Client Services to manage scope and identify opportunities
- Help to continually improve AKQA delivery practices and techniques
- Balances the opportunities and constraints within a given project
- Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress
- Oversee contractors and vendors that may be required to deliver components of the project
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Airtable, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Slack
- Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity
- Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking
- Comfortable leading team and client meetings, tailors communications based on their audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor)
- Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.