Washington DC, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Producers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Conduct meticulous scoping, planning, costing and timing of projects
- Experience leading complex brand and marketing projects with multi-disciplinary teams and vendors throughout the entire project lifecycle facilitating effective team communication and collaboration
- Able to identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays
- Able to navigate ambiguity and implement solution-oriented approaches internally and externally
- Experience working with strategy, user experience, design and development teams and deliverables
- Accountable for project health leveraging existing tools and processes to monitor people, budget, time and status
- Partner with Client Services to manage scope and identify opportunities
- Help to continually improve AKQA delivery practices and techniques
- Oversee contractors and vendors if required to deliver components of the project
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project
- 5+ years of experience managing digital projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Jira/Confluence, MS Project/Primavera, Slack
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.