Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager at AKQA will fully understand a project’s desired outcomes. Taking responsibility for assignments, ensuring completion on time and within budget, and that objectives are met, you will confidently address business needs, manage resources and any other issues necessary to deliver all aspects of the assignment. Your role will focus primarily on managing technology projects.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Conduct meticulous scoping, planning, costing and timing of projects
- Oversee entire delivery/execution process, facilitating effective team collaboration
- Evaluate and improve delivery practices
- Apply Agile methodologies to the needs of project (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban, DSDM)
- Ensure aims of project and quality standards are both met
- Use AKQA software and systems to keep track of people and progress
- Where relevant, recruit and manage specialists and sub-contractors to ensure quality and practices are maintained
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Rigorous in organisation and management, conscientious and adept at solving issues at all project levels
- Technological background or practical experience plus basic understanding of internet technologies and concepts such as Agile, laaS, TDD, DevOps and continuous delivery
- Able to inspire and support interplay between people, processes and systems
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent analytic and numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English (German is a plus)
- Possibility of domestic travel of 2–4 days each month (on average)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.