San Francisco, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple marketing related work streams spanning design, content development, technical development, social engagements, media, and marketing. Working in partnership with client services, you will be actively involved in receiving client briefs and responding with meticulous project plans, scope and risk assessments. You will work with the best in class creative, technical, media and analytics talent coordinating innovation in the marketing space. Sr. Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects within top tier marketing, design or interactive agencies
- Project Management lead across multiple projects for single or multiple clients
- Prepare all project documentation, including plans, statements of work, status reports, etc.
- Effectively manage communication with clients and internal stake holders
- Responsible for project revenue management and reporting
- Identify resource requirements, required skill sets and the allocation of team members to the core team
- Experience with delivering projects that span geographies and channels, particularly campaigns
- Manage and deliver large projects on time, within budget and to quality. Including management of risk, schedule, quality, communication and 3rd party partners
- Effectively manage conflict negotiation and project escalation
- Participate in new business pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 5 years experience managing and launching large scale, innovative projects within an agency environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Can lead the team through ambiguity and not only guide alignment, but identifies solutions
- A proven ability to drive work forward while balancing risk, finances, quality of output and client priorities
- Strong knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques
- Familiarity with multiple project management tools, best practices and processes
- Strong understanding of process methodologies and theory
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- An understanding of client service organization business operation practices
- General understanding of web-based technology platforms for e-commerce, content and information management, portal frameworks and system integration
- Experience directing the work of outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and sound designers
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply