Atlanta, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Based in the center of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Experience working with development platforms (AEM, Sitecore, Hybris, etc.) and teams including 3rd party integrations
- Able to identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays
- Gain alignment on the scope, schedule, assumptions and price for projects
- Oversee the entire delivery and execution of their project(s)
- Communicate dependencies and risks internally and with clients
- Partner with Client Services to manage scope and identify opportunities
- Help to continually improve AKQA delivery practices and techniques
- Balances the opportunities and constraints within a given project
- Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress
- Document known and unknown risks and formulate mitigation plans/owners
- Overseeing contractors and vendors that may be required to delivery components of the project
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Jira/Confluence, MS Project/Primavera, Slack
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity
- Experience managing web-based Software Development
- Experience using Agile Methodology
- Confluence, JIRA and CMS experience
- Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking
- Tailors communications based on their audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor)
- Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply