New York, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Digital Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Digital Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, and Moncler.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Lead the day-to-day management of a complex workstream on behalf of a highly-matrixed client organization
- Partner with Client Service counterpart to manage client communications, including providing project status, communicating timelines, and discussing project scope
- Lead internal scoping sessions to gain alignment on the resources, schedule, assumptions and costs for projects
- Manage the full project lifecycle, from intake and briefing through strategy, creative, and delivery
- Engage and manage 3rd-party contractors and vendors that may be required for delivery of certain components of the project
- Manage project budget and burn
- Draft Statements of Work and other project governance documents
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach to solving problems
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience managing digital projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solutions-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of a given project/client
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, Slack, etc.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply