Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, our Project Management Office sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. Responsible for effective team performance, they provide team members with the right tools, support and training.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will work with our clients to plan and implement complex projects with excellent attention to detail and forward-thinking creativity. You will be adept at managing a wide array of stakeholders, internal and external, while consistently ensuring that projects meet all scope, time and budget requirements.
At AKQA Sydney, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Ensure projects are consistently delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully manage multiple concurrent projects, including planning, estimating and resource allocation.
- Developing commercial documents for engagements
- Develop requirements catalogues, complex statements of work, change requests and scope documents.
- Manage project risks and issues, effectively communicate mitigation plans and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Able to create and manage ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Translate technical requirements
- Motivate and generate enthusiasm within the team.
- Strong experience working with the Agile Scrum framework to deliver digital projects in an iterative manner to fulfil a product roadmap.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience managing digital technical projects focused on improving the customer’s experience
- Extensive experience with B2B and B2C project management.
- Strong knowledge of digital strategy, design and technology.
- Experience working with creative teams to develop functionally rich and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Risk and dependency management skills, enabling you to effectively communicate mitigation plans and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Experience delivering technical projects and operating in an enterprise environment.
- An innate ability to effectively communicate and present to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Systematic, methodical and pragmatic approach to your own work and the projects you run.
- Ability to inspire and lead project teams to fulfil a vision.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies and the ability to implement ways of working that are tailored to meet outcomes
- Strong experience in managing and using JIRA and Confluence
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.