San Francisco, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Experience working with development platforms (AEM, Wordpress, etc.) and teams including 3rd party integrations
- Identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays
- Prepare all project documentation, including plans, statements of work, status reports, etc…
- Gain alignment on the scope, schedule, assumptions and price for projects
- Oversee the entire delivery and execution of their project(s)
- Effectively manage communication with clients and internal stake holders
- Partner with Client Services to manage scope and identify opportunities
- Help to continually improve AKQA delivery practices and techniques
- Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress
- Identify resource requirements, required skill sets and the allocation of team members to the core team
- Document known and unknown risks and formulate mitigation plans/owners
- Overseeing contractors and vendors that may be required to deliver components of the project
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Jira/Confluence, Smartsheets, Airtable, Slack
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects within top tier marketing, design or interactive agencies
- Can lead the team through ambiguity and not only guide alignment, but identifies solutions
- Experience managing web-based Software Development, Social assets creation, Apps, etc
- Experience using Agile Methodology
- Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking
- Tailors communications based on their audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor)
- Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.