Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicenter of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for large, complex, assignments. Ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and that objectives are met. The Senior Project Manager addresses business needs, manages resources and successfully navigates and delivers all aspects of the assignment.
- Successfully deliver projects with high quality project deliverables, on-time and on-budget.
- Author well crafted Project Status Reports, ensuring they are submitted on time, every week (95%
- Able to successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure the best outcome for both
client/s and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate
according to most appropriate model (e.g. fixed price, capped time and materials, by project phase) and
effectively communicate to client.
- Able to set up, structure and deliver the end-to-end delivery of a medium-sized project involving some
technical complexity (between 100 to 350 technical man-days). This would be delivered using internal
AKQA resource and any AKQA-appointed third party.
- Set up and facilitate both internal and client post-project review and share learning with relevant parties
(e.g. AKQA teams, client groups and third parties).
- Manage and deliver projects with budgets up to SEK 2M. Track and report financial status of a project
against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial
issues as they happen.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology (e.g. Agile or Waterfall) or by
project phase (e.g. Discovery)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplined service delivery function in an agency environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer focused solutions.
- Experience of adapting a delivery process to that required by a client.
- Previous experience managing projects on both Kanban and Agile/Scrum methodologies including managing sprints, writing stories, leading the teams.
- Knowledge of waterfall approaches such as Prince2, DSDM or PMI.
- Ability to discuss with clients regarding merits/drawbacks of projects/workstreams being delivered. Must be client facing
- Strong organisation skills – responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with peers and external staff.
- Make sound commercial/financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions and manage customer situations.
- Work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach.
- Comfortable working independently, self-motivated.
- Strong customer service ethos – committed to quality with the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Eager to provide insight and receive feedback.
- Accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business; credible and experienced at operating at all levels.
- Negotiates well, listens actively and makes compelling points.
- Make a positive contribution to the team and receive positive feedback.
- Constantly strive to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.