Senior Project Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and content that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicenter of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The team’s key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for large, complex, assignments. Ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and that objectives are met. The Senior Project Manager addresses business needs, manages resources and successfully navigates and delivers all aspects of the assignment.
Located in Paris, France, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Successfully deliver projects with high quality project deliverables, on-time and on-budget
- Manage any project types (digital, campaign...) as well as manage both creative teams and developers
- Be able to set up, structure and deliver the end-to-end delivery of a large project involving some technical complexity
- Successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure the best outcome for both clients and AKQA
- Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase. Document this clearly in the scope of work
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to the most appropriate model and effectively communicate to clients
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as a contract for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope
- Set up and facilitate both internal and client post-project reviews and share learning with relevant parties (e.g. AKQA teams, client groups and third parties)
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner
- Manages the administrative and functional aspects of a project, including:
Ensuring resource needs are proactively identified and met
Ensuring the ongoing profitability of project work through effective budget and resource
Management and coordination of partners and vendors
Facilitation of ongoing project reporting
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- +5 years of experience of managing a multi-disciplined service delivery function in an agency environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer focused solutions
- Experience in leading projects such: E-commerce website, mobile App, 360 campaign, o+o experience, activation…
- Experience of adapting a delivery process to that required by a client
- Have a solution focused mindset and look for options and alternatives to get things moving forward.
- Reliable, able to meet deadlines and to organize your own and others’ time
- Excellent communication skills in French & English and the ability to foster a work environment that encourages positive thinking and high commitment
- Strong organization skills, being responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with peers and external staff
- Work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach
- Comfortable working independently, self-motivated
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Eager to provide insight and receive feedback.
- Accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business; credible and experienced at operating at all levels
- Strong attention to detail, striving for the best quality of production
- Systematic, methodical and pragmatic approach to your own work and the projects you run
- Ability to inspire and lead project teams to fulfill a vision
- Show pro-activity and don’t hesitate to take initiative to challenge and improving the existing
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply