Atlanta, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive solutions that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA are responsible for overall management of all aspects of a project. SPMs acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of any given assignment. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives.
Based in the center of Midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. We are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Capable of creating a scope from a project brief. Understands when the information in a brief is not sufficient and works to obtain the necessary information needed to complete a scope as necessary. Demonstrates ability to draft SOWs, Change Orders and project plans with little oversight. Skilled at identifying issues and risks and can drive mitigation strategies with the working team and program management leadership.
- Solicits input from discipline leads to define high-level approach for projects. Responsible for budget, contract, staffing plan and roadmap. Design day-to-day operating plan to manage project success.
- Creates staffing scenarios and monitors project metrics and works to mitigate any staffing or financial issues. Must have a strong understanding of revenue forecasting and revenue recognition principles.
- Serves as a primary point of contact both internally and with clients and steps in to help address or escalate any concerns when things get rocky.
- Holds working team accountable for delivery. Guides alignment and identifies solutions. Seen as a leader by the team and as a point of escalation by the client.
- Knows how to manage and care for a project team. Effectively manages team morale.
- Consistent internal and client satisfaction.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrate experience managing a multi-disciplined service delivery function in an agency environment.
- Experienced in delivering innovative, interactive and consumer focused solutions.
- Experienced at adapting to an existing delivery process to a clients’ needs and process.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, (presentation, written, verbal).
- Strong organization skills; responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and external client staff, and the ability to achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Ability to make sound commercial and financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions and manage client situations.
- Knowledge of scaled-agile delivery approach (SAFe), and how to manage work and teams within the methodology.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to have an objective focused and positive approach and be comfortable working independently. Is self-motivated and self-driven.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Well-developed planning, analysis and organizational skills.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Be entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach. Eager to provide insight to and receive feedback.
- An accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business; credible and experienced at operating at all levels within.
- Negotiates well, listens actively and makes compelling points. Able to build strong relationships with peers and business counterparts.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply