New York, United States
Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Senior Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
- Lead all stages of planning and is accountable for accuracy, implementation and outcome of projects of moderate to high complexity
- Applies exceptional fundamentals and is able to adapt a range of methodologies to identify an ideal approach, with semi-defined project briefs and with high profile / high risk to the business
- Viewed as project lead and go-to for all project related inquiries, issues and requests.
- Communicates confidently and independently with client on delivery-related subjects
- Determines and proactively manages project risk, escalating as appropriate to facilitate solutions
- Accountable for the administrative and functional aspects of a project, including: Ensuring resource needs are proactively identified and met, ensuring the ongoing profitability of project work through effective planning, budget and resource management, management and coordination of partners and vendors, facilitation of ongoing project reporting
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have 5-7 years of agency-side experience, independently managing projects of moderate scale with limited oversight
- You have a broad range of experience, leading engagements of all sizes ranging from brand comms/marketing, integrated campaigns and digital activations to large-scale web and app builds to content creation.
- You have an intuitive understanding of project management methodologies and are able to adapt them quickly in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and are extremely detail-oriented
- You enjoy creative problem solving and do not shy away from challenges or vague project briefs
- You have deep experience in cross-functional collaboration, building relationships and establishing trust quickly
- You are proficient in current project management software, including Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, and Google Workspace
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply