London, United Kingdom
Senior QA Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Responsible for product excellence, gatekeeper for quality, the Quality Assurance Manager is a leader who is inspired by best practice, state-of-the-art testing techniques and champion test automation to deliver technological innovation across enterprise and consumer applications. The driving force behind the Quality strategy, the Quality Assurance Manager will create and implement test and quality assurance strategies, lean test processes and procedures, architecting test automation and facilitating implementation of automation tests using innovative technologies.
London (Farringdon) based whilst frequently collaborating with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Develop a holistic approach to testing with the use of various testing techniques and methodologies to ensure inclusive testing and test automation extend throughout the development process, aligning testing with development and DevOps techniques and practices to enhance quality of applications.
- Develop an understanding of different technology solution to develop, design, and implement the appropriate detailed test strategies that take into consideration multiple practices and techniques.
- Effectively lead the quality assurance testing team (employee and/or client) in a manner that creates lean practices for both manual and automation testing, effective collaboration, and effective execution of project deliverables (in terms on time, quality).
- Architect and develop innovate approaches to test automation for both web and mobile applications, using modern frameworks that focuses on aligning testing with development practices with framework and tools such as (Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Storybook, Puppeteer, XCUITest, Mockito, Espresso, Appium etc) (ideally recognised by formal qualifications).
- Champion test automation and other technical testing tools such as – JIRA, JMeter, K6, Apollographql, SuperTest, Browserstack, Cypress, Postman, and checkmarx. (Ideally, recognised by formal qualifications).
- Understating Static and Dynamic Security testing approaches with tools such as checkmarx, rapid7 and integrate into projects where appropriate.
- Lead and oversee a team accountable for delivering software testing in our London Studio.
- Provide oversight of the overall testing process to ensure adherence to testing strategies, standards, policies, tools, and procedures.
- Ability to identify risks throughout the project life cycle and communicate them effectively.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Ability to estimate and define supporting resource plans.
- Ability to create strong relationships with clients technical and QA teams.
- Mentor, guide and help develop other members of the team through collaborative planning, coaching, and empowerment through strategic goals
- ISEB certification in Testing (intermediate level) is advantageous
- Work with Development and DevOps team to ensure effective implementation of testing and building CI/CD and pipelines.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and hands on experience in test automation of web and mobile applications, utilising modern framework and tools (including Cypress, or other Node.JS framework, native mobile testing frameworks such as Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Mockito)
- Best practices for manual and test automation
- An understanding of accessibility and internationalisation, integration, API, unit, testing, component testing, visual/snapshot regression testing, performance, security
- Cloud tech
- Knowledge in testing Content Management Systems such as Contentful, DatoCMS and CRM systems such Salesforce
- Good understanding of testing MACH Architecture systems, GraphQL middleware (Node automation frameworks such as SuperTest, Contract Testing and Postman)
- Other skills, knowledge, and experience that would really excite us
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- A hands-on approach when required
- Be a champion for product excellence
- Be a coach and motivator who can inspire colleagues and clients with best practices and state-of-the-art testing techniques and procedures
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection
- Be inspired by emerging testing technologies to apply relevant learnings to our business and that of our work for clients
- Be an advocate of Agile methodology (TDD/BDD/Scrum)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with strong inter-personal communication capabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply