London, United Kingdom
Senior Salesforce Web Engineer (Fullstack), Freelance
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Located in London (Farringdon), United Kingdom, you will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines and working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You should be an established Salesforce developer and practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class web applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be. Mature Experience with the Salesforce suite of Products including; Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud and Mulesoft middleware is a must.
- Hands on development on large to enterprise scale projects.
- Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Promote rapid development, and high-quality development practices.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
- Excellent communication skills.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set. However below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
SALESFORCE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, architecture and development; SFRA, Lightning components and modern client-side development.
- Expertise in Salesforce native Commerce APIs with Java & RhinoScript / ECMAScript and Open Commerce APIs (OCAPI).
- Integration and setting up automated jobs in Salesforce Commerce Cloud from PIM / Supply Chain and other Salesforce platforms (Service / Sales Cloud).
- Experience with writing unit tests for APIs in MochaJs
- Experience integrating cartridges for Salesforce products, service framework and open commerce APIs.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, JSP development
- Experience with Salesforce Einstein products is preferred.
- Experience with other Salesforce products such as Service Cloud is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of SFCC Business Manager is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the full eCommerce ecosystem including PIM, DAM, Payment and Fraud prevention.
- SFCC Developer or Architect Certification is preferred.
- Advanced Vanilla JS and ECMAScript Latest.
- Advanced CSS and associated tools, pre-processors, technologies and animations.
- Node, common node libraries and frameworks, npm module consumption and publishing.
- HTML, Web standards and Accessibility (a11y).
- Responsive web applications.
- Development and consumption of HTTP APIs such as RESTful and GraphQL web APIs.
- Build, and code quality tools, including writing unit tests.
- CI/CD Pipeline approaches and technologies.
- Webapp performance, profiling and testing.
- Writing and architecting modularised, reusable code.
EXPERIENCE THAT EXCITES US
- Experience with Salesforce Interaction Studio (formally Evergage).
- Mulesoft middleware API development.
- (No)SQL DBs or Cloud hosted RDS.
- PWAs and Offline first development.
- Mobify Frontend-aaS development.
- Canvas, WebGL and 3D libraries.
- Machine learning, chatbots/conversation solutions, AI service integration.
- Personalisation and Experimentation experience
- Headless CMS and other SaaS product integrations.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years’ industry experience.
- Experience working within an Agile SCRUM or KANBAN environment.
- Experience in Luxury and Experiential UI development.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Be able to talk about Technology to Non-technical audiences such as clients, stakeholders, and non-technical team members (especially UX & Creative).
- Be able to talk for Yourself, expressing opinions backed up by reasoned argument.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply