Senior Scrum Master (Melbourne)
At AKQA, our Project Management Office sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. Responsible for effective team performance, they provide team members with the right tools, support and training.
As a Senior Scrum Master, you will take responsibility of the required scrum ceremonies; ensuring that they are run efficiently and any impediments are resolved expediently without impacting you team’s velocity. You must be able to confidently manage yourself and successfully navigate and delivery all aspects of your given assignments.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Establish and run a Scrum team using the Scrum ceremonies such as Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement, and Retrospectives.
- Produce and explain Sprint Burndowns, Burnups and Release Plans.
- Understand and implement estimation techniques for Sprint Planning.
- Use Jira for tracking your backlog, assigning tasks, time management and production of reports.
- Comfortable discussing concepts related to UX, Design and Technology.
- Communicate team status to a variety of stakeholders.
- Use AKQA’s software and systems to keep track of people and progress.
- Where relevant, recruiting, managing and monitoring specialists and sub-contractors to ensure quality and guidelines are maintained.
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives.
- Intuitive and perceptive with outstanding communications skills.
- A problem solver at heart that loves to help their colleagues.
- Champion Agile methodologies and act as a coach to team members and clients with an end goal of uplifting the team’s agile practice.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Qualified scrum master (CSM, PSM or SMC) that embodies the Agile Scrum values of Focus, Courage, Openness, Commitment and Respect.
- Strong working knowledge of SAFe environments and how they operate; agile software development, lean product development and systems thinking. Experience working within a SAFe environment is highly desirable.
- Strong track record of developing and releasing digital software components using Agile Scrum.
- Experience communicating and interfacing with external stakeholders.
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.