London, United Kingdom
Senior SDET (Mobile), Freelance
SENIOR MOBILE DEV ENGINEER IN TEST (SDET)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Located in London, United Kingdom, you will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines and working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You should be an established Senior Mobile Automation Software Engineer with Quality Assurance and Testing domain knowledge and experience of implementing automation for native mobile apps for both iOS and Android using Appium & Java, Espresso & XCUITest. Ability to own and utilise the best-in-class testing tools and techniques for Integration tests, Defining and pushing adoption of Unit test strategies, Visual comparison testing, Performance Benchmarking, Accessibility testing and End-to-end journey testing.
● Hands-on coding, responsible for guiding and implementing the Automation Test strategy within a DevOps environment, and plumbing into CI/CD pipelines.
● Collaborating with Quality Assurance, and Development teams to identify and implement gaps in the testing strategy with Automated scripts.
● Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
● Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
● Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
● Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
● Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
● Technical Documentation for Technical Design, Technical Decisions and Implementation details.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set, however below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
● Experience in testing native iOS and Android Apps
● Proven experience of creating mobile automation frameworks and tests using Java based tools like Appium with Junit/testNG, Cucumber
● Experience in using mobile test framework and tools using Appium, Espresso, XCUITest
● Experience in testing native mobile frameworks or SDK
● Experience with mobile cloud based testing and automation using BrowserStack/SauceLab/Perfecto
● Experience in developing, integrating and debugging automation tests within Azure Devops CI / CD pipelines
● Experience in accessibility testing for WCAG guidelines using tools such as WAVE, assistive technologies
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
● Testing and Automation for Design Systems, Pattern libraries or SDKs.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
● Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
● 5+ years of experience in Software engineering.
● 2+ years of experience within the QA domain.
● 2+ years of experience in applying Automation tools and strategies.
● ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level Certification qualification or similar
● Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
● Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
● Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
● Professional written and verbal communication and reporting skills
● Champion continuous improvement and best in class software development processes.
● Happy to collaborate with developers and take on automation and non automation/tech tasks
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know