London, United Kingdom
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Located in London, United Kingdom, you will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines and working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Hands-on coding, responsible for guiding and implementing the Automation Test strategy within a DevOps environment, and plumbing into CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance, and Development teams to identify and implement gaps in the testing strategy with Automated scripts.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
- Technical Documentation for Technical Design, Technical Decisions and Implementation details.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set, however below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in QA domain.
- 2+ years of experience in applying Automation tools and strategies.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level Certification qualification or similar
- Have implemented visual testing tools such as Applitools / Percy as part of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Cypress and Cypress Dashboard is preferred
- Experience working with Storybook/other component libraries
- NFR Testing strategies and tools for Security and Load testing to Very High Traffic numbers using tools such as JMeter, Load Runner and OWASP.
- Solid experience in integration and test automation of REST and GraphQL API end-points.
- Experience in testing React/Angular Apps and in testing native iOS and Android Apps
- Highly skilled in developing, integrating and debugging automation tests within Azure Devops CI / CD pipelines
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication and reporting skills
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software development processes.
- Happy to collaborate with developers and take on automation and non automation/tech tasks
- Nice to have: Testing and Automation for Design Systems, Pattern libraries or SDKs.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply