Senior Software Engineer
AKQA Senior Software Engineers are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve AKQA’s work. As a Senior Software Engineer you will build innovative web sites, content management systems and services using web and industry best practices. You will create robust solutions that are easy to deploy and a delight to operate. You will trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest server-side technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with AEM, Jira, Bitbucket
- Develop, implement, integrate and deploy digital consumer experiences based on the foundation of the AEM product suite, including Sites, Assets, the creation, configuration and integration of templates, components, dialogs, widgets, workflows, content fragment, experience fragment, clientlibs, replication agent, JCR API, Adapter pattern.
- Developing custom OSGI services using R6/R7 annotations, workflows, schedulers, sling servlets, and event handlers
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging AEM Sightly/HTL framework
- Create custom workflows in AEM
- Users, groups, and permissions management. Migration of users, groups, and ACLs
- Multisite Management for AEM
- AEM maintenance tasks, dispatcher configurations and i18n
- Design, develop and support CMS components, integrations, and applications
- Handle troubleshooting of components, templates, clientlibs.
- Follow, understand and implement best practices to manage security , performance and scalability of the content management and content delivery solution.
- Strong foundation in OOAD concepts like Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Loose Coupling and High Cohesion
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices like readability, immutability, commenting, exception handling and logging
- Proficiency in working with Java 8 and above and their latest APIs
- Proficiency in key Java packages and APIs like Collections, Generics, Threads, Lambda functions, streaming and concurrency, memory management and garbage collection.
- Understanding of web application concepts like HTTP(S) lifecycle, session, servlets, filters and design patterns for web development
- Hands on working knowledge of GIT and Maven for code check-in, branching, code review and build processes
- Knowledge of the importance and approach to writing unit test cases using tools like Junit
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply