Senior Software Engineer -AEM
Senior Software Engineer (AEM)
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will build trailblazing content experiences and ecommerce applications using content management systems like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Experience in delivering digital content experiences using the AEM product suite comprising of Sites, Assets, Forms and Workflows
- Strong foundation in OOAD concepts like Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Loose Coupling and High Cohesion
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices like readability, immutability, commenting, exception handling and logging
- Proficiency in working with Java 8 and above and their latest APIs
- Good understanding of core concepts of AEM, including OSGi and JCR.
- Hands on working knowledge of building components, dialogs, workflows, schedulers, sling servlets, and event handlers.
- Good exposure on setting up and configuring Dispatcher and its rules
- Good knowledge of and hands-on implementation of NFRs such as web accessibility and analytics scripting.
- Understanding of web application concepts like HTTP(S) lifecycle, session, servlets, filters and design patterns for web development
- Hands on working knowledge of GIT and Maven for code check-in, branching, code review and build processes
- Continuously discover, evaluate and learn new technologies to stay at the forefront of technology innovation
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years’ industry experience.
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.