New York, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA are the ultimate voice of customer culture for our clients. An eclectic bunch of provocative thinkers and innovative problem solvers. We partner in creating a better future, faster; for our clients across the entire brand experience.
The Senior Strategist will act as the day-to-day lead for one or more projects and will act as a thought leader for the team(s). They will guide research and distill insights to find / frame opportunities to drive business value and build brand equity through CX, digital product/service, brand strategy, and creative strategy. They will be curious and open-minded, and successful working in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks/projects quickly, calmly, and efficiently
- Confidence in meeting with clients to discuss and recommend strategic solutions
- An informed and thoughtful POV
- Proactivity in tracking relevant trends in the marketplace
- Interest in fostering team culture and in learning from as well as growing others’ skills
- Develops an in-depth understanding of our client’s brand, business, and their customers through primary and secondary research
- Develops and synthesizes user research to map user journeys that inform and inspire the development of new customer experiences and interactions with a brand
- Develops CX strategies and creative briefs drawing on data-driven as well as cultural insights
- Communicates and guides the strategy throughout the project both internally and with clients
- Manages and develops the work and thinking of more junior strategists
- Fosters strong, collaborative relationships with team members from UX, creative, analytics, technology, client services, and project management
- Supports new business initiatives and the continued development of the strategy team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5+ years related experience
- Proven critical thinker, problem-solver, and clear storyteller above all else
- Prior experience with customer journey mapping, digital product/service strategy, and brand/experience strategy
- A record of successfully developing customer experience solutions that have demonstrated / driven value for clients’ businesses
- Ability to generate rich and actionable insights from multiple sources of data
- Strong knowledge in qual/quant research methodologies
- An interest in innovation (e.g. AI, machine learning, Internet of things, or IOt etc.) and in the telecommunications space (5G, etc.)
- Ability to develop creative briefs, working with creative teams to devise brand, product/service, or communications ideas
- Experience with communications/campaign planning across paid, earned, and owned channels is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply