Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with account teams and creative teams, they are the voice of both the client and the consumer, and their job rarely ends at strategy. Adept storytellers, strategists use their endless curiosity and up-to-date knowledge of technology, culture and societal trends to provide unique outlooks and solutions for our clients.
Drawn from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, our strategists develop and apply market insights, data and trends to communicate and drive innovation opportunities. They help to deliver cohesive blueprints that fulfil audience needs and surpass business goals. Strategists are ultimately responsible for creating and maximizing value, both for our clients and for the audiences they serve.
While our strategists may have deep knowledge about specific industries, their work must resonate in multiple business sectors and cultures.
- Keep abreast of cultural, creative and technological news and developments pertaining to clients/useful for the account team.
- Have experience in developing cutting edge brand experience strategies
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data, trends and insight, and how these may be utilised in order to improve clients' business results
- Own the strategic debate on own brands, and be recognised as a key driver of this both internally and externally. Further, have proactive, provoking debate on brands, and identify what the agenda for future discussion should be
- Have a comprehensive understanding of, and be able to hold discussions about business matters (organisational, strategic, financial, etc.) with senior clients
- Add new insight to profiles of clients’ audiences – digital behaviours and device ownership/usage as well as geodemogs, psychodemogs, etc
- Lead debate with clients on effectiveness of new channels, and the right way to evaluate them. Create case studies and effectiveness Award submissions on key projects worked on
- Have a point of view on the future of research, evaluation and effectiveness. Think of new research projects/methodologies/products AKQA can use to generate original insights for clients and for New Business purposes
- Assume responsibility for multi-market strategy deployment, and demonstrate sensitivity to local market culture and dynamics
- Take leadership of the majority of the planning side of the brief-writing and development process and be recognised as doing so by both client and senior creatives
- Be able to sensitively provide feedback to give clear direction, provide additional stimulus and thought starters. Work to keep the creative team motivated and excited about the creative opportunity
- Manage other strategists and continuously contribute to the development of Associate Strategists . Establish a close partnership with the Client Lead and Creative director on own accounts
- Continue to develop relationships with the most senior clients involved in the brand, and be recognised by the entire client team as the first point of contact for all day-to-day planning issues
- Assume responsibility for the majority of the planning input and marshalling the thinking on pitches, and be the planning representative for the agency in creds meetings
- Utilise experience to begin to develop macro perspectives of your own on consumer & brand issues, leading to 'thought pieces' for both internal (training/idea sharing) and external (publications, speeches, or new business thinking) use
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- An insatiable curiosity and ability to observe and identify patterns, trends and insights
- Able to sport the kernel of an idea, experienced in helping form ideas
- Extensive experience in strategic planning within a digital or integrated agency environment
- A gifted factual storyteller with one foot in the now and one foot in the future
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and inspire people
- Be willing to use your experience to sharpen and strengthen team skills
- Ensure work is to the highest possible standards at all times, and that client presentations are engaging and inspiring
- Develop a framework for approach including building out hypothesis, work streams and milestones
- Effectively interface with the Head of Strategy for approval and direction throughout the project lifecycle and to escalate points of concern.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.